Mobile phones have taken over the world and enterprises all across are using these devices to power their operations. Research suggests that 50% of top enterprises have charted mobility in their “To Do List”. Gartner research also indicates that 25% of organization will have deployed enterprise applications especially HRMS by the year 2017. Further, organizations are also encouraging employees to adopt BYOD (bring your own device) to ease out their work.
HRMS as the frontrunner of enterprise mobility
There would be few organizations today that haven’t understood the importance of manpower for successful business operations. From leave applications to work sharing, enterprise applications in HRMS leads to accurate reporting and streamlining the workflow. With Mobile HRMS in place, employees would be able to access their timetables, work hours, reimbursement details and other particulars. What’s more important is that all of this information can be accessed on the go, whether they are travelling or are shopping.
The increased adoption of BYOD also makes Mobile HRMS the quickest way to reach out and impact employee productivity. In fact, 38% global organizations are planning to stop providing their employees with company devices.
Choosing the right HRMS functionalities for your staff’s mobiles
Human Resource is one of the most dynamic operational activities in an organization. The thing of concern is the functions that you should be choosing initially for ensuring quick benefits from your mobile HRMS. The factors to consider should include:
- Features employees access/need to access frequently
- HR functionalities that is most important to an employee
- Activities that employees would want to perform outside the office premises
Based on the above, the best Mobile HRMS should facilitate:
- Absence management – leave application and approval
- Accessing and downloading paystubs
- Employee profiles/directories
- Travel requests and reimbursements
- Time reporting
While these should be main elements of your Mobile HRMS application, the next part is the design and usage. Here are the best defining parameters:
- Simplicity: Mobile HRMS should be easy to use and look simple. Employees should be able to access and find information in the least amount of clicks.
- Offline usage: Mobile is intended to facilitate offline usage. Employees should be able to update information and expect it to be automatically shared when connectivity is restored
- Local data storage: Local database reduces the app login periods and back up information
- Notifications: This should notify employees of any HR updates and information that they need to know.
Do write in to us with your comments and let us know which of these benefits will impact your business bottom lines the best when you opt for the employee mobile app solution from Neologix.